PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditional Logic for Product Fields

1. Either there's a bug with the Conditional Logic for a product field or I've done something wrong.

I'm doing most of my editing using XML in order to duplicate fields quicker. However, when I import the new form and try to edit, the conditional logic product fields won't open and the logic doesn't seem to be working on the actual live form.

One question is do I have to change these ID's for every rule?

<rule fieldId="1" operator="is">

Thanks for the prompt response - I have a deadline to get this all finalized.

Here's the form where this problem is happening (see page 2 - Routine #1 Duo or Trio > Dancer #2 or #3):

http://monetizemyhobby.com/spring-fling-2011/solo-duo-trio-register

Posted 13 years ago on Friday February 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. My initial gut tells me that fieldId is supposed to be changed for every rule because I believe it is the fieldId that the logic applies to. Really we don't recommend editing the XML directly for this very reason, it causes issues when it isn't edited correctly. I will have to look into this with our lead developer and get back to you.

3. Thanks for the reply Carl.

I tested it and YES, the rule ID, and field IDs, have to be changed.

The main reason I'm editing in XML is to duplicate things quicker since there is not a quick way to duplicate fields currently in Gravity Forms.

I appreciate your response and have just decided to rewrite the form I was having problems with.