PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conditionally show a field if another numeric field STARTS with 0?

1. I have a numeric entry field for "Phone Number" (I'm not using the phone number field, just a text input because I don't want the ( ) formatting requirements).

Anyway, I want to conditionally display a 2nd field, only if the entry for the Phone Number field STARTS with a 0.

So an entry like 0791234567 would trigger the 2nd field to display.

But an entry like 5162421555 would NOT trigger the 2nd field to display.

Is this possible? How can it be done?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. This is built in. You can configure the 2nd field conditional logic so that your rule says, "If the number field begins with 0, show this field." Like this: http://minus.com/lboTY9PnKiCNY5

I tested it and it worked for me. Have you already tried that? (I did use a number field rather than a text input...)

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Wow that's perfect! Didn't realize that option was already there.

Note to self: Never underestimate the awesomeness of GravityForms before posting in the forum :P

4. Usually what will happen is you post your question and in the process of framing it, you think to go look at the available options. In any case, glad that will work for you. I had to stop and think about it for a minute when you asked.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.