PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Confirmation link after form entry

1. Jan Egbert

I'd like this feature for numerous reasons. For example it would make double opt-in newsletter subscription possible.

It would also be great for letting people write post on my website. The confirmation link would change the post status from draft to Published.

Posted 14 years ago on Wednesday October 14, 2009 | Permalink
  2. We are planning on adding confirmation/preview functionality. You would fill out a form, submit it and view the results, and then confirm and submit the results.

There would be no draft/published setting change because the form data wouldn't actually get posted into they submit it from the confirmation/preview page to confirm it. The data wouldn't be inserted into the database the first time they submit the form, it would happen when they confirm it.

3. Jan Egbert

Sounds great. How about email confirmation? Would make Gravity Form ideal for newsletter subscription.

4. We haven't discussed email confirmation, but it is a good idea. Although we plan on integrating Gravity Forms with some 3rd party email campaign providers and they typically handle that side of things.

5. Jan Egbert

I understand. Many clients don't use email campaign providers like MailChimp and CampaignMonitor. So I've been searching for a non branded plugin for a long time now. From what I've seen and read on that quest many people are searching for a simple newsletter optin plugin.

One things I like about Gravity Forms is that it's not branded. It's just called Forms. Also I like the freedom of building my own email newsletter subscription form. Many situations where I have good reason to ask more than just name and address.

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday October 15, 2009 | Permalink
  6. prudat

I also need some kind of preview function. Anyone have any idea for a user to preview/confirm their submission before submitting. I need this because I am going to be using the response notification to send this information to another user.

Posted 14 years ago on Saturday March 13, 2010 | Permalink
  7. I hereby vote for an email confirmation function; would be awesome.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday June 26, 2010 | Permalink
  8. GJerome

I bought a single site license but I have a problem because with no confirmation link the concept of my site does not work.

I'm ready to buy an add-on (MailChimp or campaign monitor) but is it really possible with one of two add-on to add a confirmation link in the notification sent to the user?

If I have a wrong email, I can not publish the message because I might be considered as a spammer.

If the add-on does not allow to add a confirmation link in the notification sent to the user could you help me to make this possible?

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday February 5, 2011 | Permalink
  9. @Gjerome What is the confirmation link supposed to do? MailChimp and Campaign Monitor both feature double opt in capabilities. If you configure your MailChimp or Campaign Monitor account to do so when a subscriber is added they will send that subscriber an email requesting them to confirm their subscription. The user clicks the link in the email and is then added to your mailing list. This is functionality that is part of MailChimp and Campaign Monitor and our Add-Ons for these mailing list services support this.

10. GJerome

I've created a form in which I ask the user's email adress.
    I'd like to send an automatic response when the user submits the form with a link where the user has to click on in order to confirm his email address.

With Gravity forms, I haven't found how to add this link that takes the user to one of my website page "Congratulations, your message has been validated...". Also, I would receive as well an automatic email informing me "The user's address email xxxx has been validated...".

If this is possible with Gravity forms, I would be most grateful if you could let me know how to do it or if it's not possible, can we do this with MailChimp or with Campaign Monitor ?
    Many thanks,

11. SFTS

Plus one for Gjerome's request. I think this is valid, because MailChimp and the others aren't always the perfect solution.

There's an extension for Joomla that does it really well--Acajoom News--without the need for the branded stuff from Monkeys.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 22, 2011 | Permalink
  12. Gravity Forms itself doesn't currently have email confirmation functionality. It is a feature we plan on adding in the future.

However, both MailChimp and Campaign Monitor feature this functionality as settings within your List configuration and both our MailChimp and Campaign Monitor Add-Ons allows you to turn this on.

13. SFTS

Is there a way to make this work using Constant Contact?

14. We don't currently have an official Constant Contact Add-On, however there is one in the WordPress.org plugin repository. We are planning on releasing our own later this spring.

15. +1 on e-mail confirmation. I have just used Gravity Forms to set up a membership registration form, but it doesn't feel complete until the owner of the e-mail must activate the account. I don't like the idea of having a registration form where "e-mail theft" is possible.

Hope to see this soon!

Eivind

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday September 6, 2011 | Permalink
  16. same here. Will be waiting patiently for any update on "email confirmation" functionality.
    Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 12, 2011 | Permalink
  17. I'm quite surprised this function isn't active yet! A customer asked for this, I said it is possible but now it seems it isn't.

It's needed for other things than newsletter subscriptions too. Like confirming a membership to a website or organization. Basic form functionality I'd think! Confirming the e-mail address in a reliable way is important, because otherwise the entries don't have much value.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 28, 2011 | Permalink
  18. hegeman

Agree, would very much like to see the email confirmation functionality. Much needed for user registration.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink
  19. While I agree email confirmation will be a cool feature, and it's something we'd like to add I would say it's not basic form functionality. I'm not aware of any of the existing form builder solutions (other WordPress plugins or Wufoo, Formstack, etc.) that does email confirmation on standard forms.

As for user registration... email confirmation is a feature that will be added to the User Registration Add-On and is already in the works. It's more complex than most people may realize. While WordPress Multi-Site implements temporary tables for handling user data while it's awaiting confirmation, standard WordPress implementations do not. So we are recreating what WordPress Multi-Site does and making it backwards compatible with Multi-Site so we can leverage the built in functionality that WordPress has for user activation via email confirmation.

20. hegeman

Hi Carl, great news about email confirmation being in the works for the User Registratrion Add-On. Would it be anywhere in the next few weeks / months or will it take longer?
    Thx...

21. With Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Holidays i'm not 100% sure if it will make it out before the end of the year. If not it would probably be January or February.

We are doing a lot of work on the new Gravity Charge product (http://www.gravitycharge.com) Some of which will trickle down into the User Registration Add-On for Gravity Forms.

For instance, we are implementing the email validation for Gravity Charge and reverse engineering how WordPress Multi-Site handles it so we can do it for non-Multi-Site installs while still being backwards compatible with a Multi-Site install. So once we nail that we can then apply that functionality to the User Registration Add-On.

If you had not heard about Gravity Charge... you can read more here:

http://wpcandy.com/reports/exclusive-details-on-the-upcoming-rocketgenius-plugin

22. Hi guys, I am new to this, so would appreciate your guidance please. My client has requested a form on his site where the user fills it in and then hits the submit button. He insists at this stage that the user should then get a page showing his entries (address, DOB, email etc) BEFORE they then submit for the final time. I am not up with all the terminology, but is this what is referred to as the 'opt-in' or 'double opt-in' message? How do I go about achieving this please. Do I need to purchase an add on, and if so, which one? Website is http://www.clublotto.cc. Many thanks, Leanne

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  23. Hi Leanne,

I am not up with all the terminology, but is this what is referred to as the 'opt-in' or 'double opt-in' message?

Nope. An opt-in is usually represented by a checkbox on the form which indicates the user is opting in to whatever you are offering. It can also be the act of submitting the form itself if the purpose of the form is clearly indicated. A double opt-in is usually represented by an email that is sent to the email address with which the user "opted in". The double opt-in better guarantees that the user knowingly and intentionally opted in.

What you're referencing is simply a pre-submission preview of the entered form data. There are several topics on the forums in regards to this; however, none that would be possible without custom code. We do not currently have any default functionality to handle this.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  24. hegeman

I noticed that the new version 1.3 of the User Registratrion Add-On is out. In the update I don't see the double-opt in possibility as a new feature. Has it been added or did it not make it to this version? Is it something that might appear in version 1.4?
    Thanks, Han

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday March 10, 2012 | Permalink