PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Confirmation Message Break Website Alignment

1. Altamami

Hello everyone,

I just purchased Gravity Forms and it's working good and all. However, I have an issue with one of the forms (not all) and its confirmation message. Upon the completion of the form, the confirmation message breaks up the layout alignment of the website, as shown here: http://playjoiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Picture-7.png
    The sidebar below the container should've been inside the container and on left (you see the empty area next to the confirmation message, on left, that's where it should've been).

This issue does not happen with all of my forms, just this one (the one I'm using a page break with). So do you know the cause of this issue? And is there a solution for it?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Altamami

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday June 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you post a link to the form that works ok with the confirmation and the one that doesn't. What's different between the ones that work, and the one that does not?

3. Altamami

Hello, Rob.

Yes, definitely. Here is the other form's confirmation message that works good: http://playjoiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Picture-8.png
    As you can see, everything is aligned and the sidebar is to the left of the message (where it should be). However, in the other one here: http://playjoiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Picture-7.png
    you can see the sidebar breaks and goes under the container, resulting in an alignment break and a layout mess.

In the working form, however, I am not using a page break feature.

Regards,
    Altamami

4. Altamami

Any support? I contact the theme developers and this is what they thought: http://themeid.com/forum/topic/1343/gravity-forms-issue-messes-up-alignment/

Could I please get some advice on how to approach this problem? Should I uninstall and reinstall? If I do that, will my forms be gone or still be there? Please advise.

Best regards,
    Altamami

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday June 7, 2012 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

You can re-install, your forms are safely in the WordPress database. If you delete the Gravity Forms folder and re-upload, it will be fine. As for the website alignment issues, I'll take a look as soon as possible.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday June 7, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Altamami

Hello David,

Thank you for the response.

I reinstalled and changed the page, but unfortunately it did not work. The page is still broken. Please look at the topic from the theme support team, it may be of help.

I will be awaiting your response. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Altamami

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 8, 2012 | Permalink
  7. David Peralty

I have forwarded your issue on to our developers to see what they can find out about it.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday June 8, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Altamami

Alright, David.

I'm awaiting the solution at the moment, because I do not think it's from the website, but from Gravity Forms. Thank you, and hopefully it'll be solved.

Regards,
    Altamami

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 9, 2012 | Permalink
  9. I'm having the same problem. My form is rendering with a missing ">" at the end of a tag:

Here is the exact tag:
    <div class='gf_browser_gecko gform_wrapper' id='gform_wrapper_1' style='display:none'

It comes straight after the breadcrums. How do we fix this. Really annoying spent ages on this trying to work out what the problem is.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday June 10, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Altamami

Hey larissa,

You are actually right. The same conclusion was made in the thread I provided the link for from the support team of the theme I'm using.

It seems like a minor error that can be fixed quickly. But it has to be done from within Gravity Forms core codes.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Regards,
    Altamami

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday June 10, 2012 | Permalink
  11. David Peralty

Can you send me either an admin level login or xml export to peralty@rocketgenius.com please? I want to get this sorted out for you today.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 11, 2012 | Permalink
  12. Altamami

Done, David. Check your email.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Altamami

13. David Peralty

I've passed this on to our developers. It would also help if you could find the time to check for a theme/plugin conflict:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

14. This markup issue with the confirmation page when configured as a multi-page form and the progress bar is being displayed on the confirmation page has been resolved. The latest build of Gravity Forms (v1.6.4.5.4) which is available for download on the Downloads page resolves this issue.

Until it is released via automatic update you will need to update manually. In order to do that you would follow these instructions:

- Download the v1.6.4.5.4 zip file from the Download Gravity Forms page on this site.

- Login to the WordPress Dashboard for your site.

- Go to the Plugins page that lists all of your installed plugins.

- Deactivate Gravity Forms.

- Delete Gravity Forms.

- Select Add New under the Plugins navigation.

- Upload, install and activate the new version.

Following the instructions above will not delete your forms or your data. It will only delete the existing plugin files, which you'll then replace by installing and activating the new version.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday June 13, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.