PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Conflict with BackupBuddy

1. When I edit a form and have BackupBuddy activated, the component palettes are displayed in a long single column rather than properly formatted, and the Update Form button isn't displayed. When I deactivate BackupBuddy, the component palettes and update button are properly displayed.

I'm also reporting this conflict to iThemes Media (BackupBuddy people).

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hi Vasily,

I have gravity forms version 1.6.2.1 and BackupBuddy version 2.2.35 installed on a live site running wordpress version 3.3.1 and I am not experiencing the issue you are describing.

Are your versions up-to-date and have you fully ruled out another plugin and/or theme conflict. You can find out more about the recommended way of identifying plugin/theme conflicts by viewing the documentation http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

3. I think I've ruled out the theme since it's still messed up when I activate Twenty Eleven. The problem occurs with just BackupBuddy 2.2.35 and Gravity Forms 1.6.2 activated (that's the version I get with autoupdate), so I'm not sure how another plugin could be involved. Peculiar.

4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

In that case the only thing that comes to mind is that somehow your installation of either BackupBuddy or gravity forms may have become corrupted during installation by wordpress, you could to try re-installing using fresh zip files to see if that makes any difference.

5. It turns out it's not a problem with BackupBuddy ... the problem is an interaction with the Defensio Anti-Spam plugin which I recently installed. Activate Defensio, and the field palette becomes corrupted. Have written to Defensio about the problem.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 9, 2012 | Permalink