PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Contact & Delivery Details - checkbox?

1. Hi there,
    I have two form areas, the first being Contact Details (name, address, phone, email etc) & a Delivery Details area (essentially exactly the same details) I'd like to be able to provide a checkbox if they are the same - so the user doesn't have to fill in both fields.
    What would be the best approach, would I be better to have the Delivery Details hidden by default, & provide a checkbox that shows those Delivery form fields using conditional logic 'if' they are different to the Contact Details? Or is there a more clever option?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jas

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink
  2. When you said "provide a checkbox if they are the same" - did you mean if they are the same, checking the box will fill the delivery details with the information already entered in the contact detail section? If you want to offer that feature for your visitors, you will have to do that with something like jQuery or JavaScript on the front end. If you just want them hidden unless the user clicks a box, indicating they are different, then conditional logic is the way to go.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink