PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Convert Post tile to textarea

1. iamcanadian1973

I'm building a Q & A page, so I am building a form to collect the questions. I need the post title field to be a textarea and not a text input. Either that, or use the body and auto generate a post title dynamically with something like "Question #2". Since it doesn't really matter what is used.

Thank you.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 9, 2012 | Permalink
  2. You can use a content template for your post title, and set it to the value of your post body, or whatever else you would like (including other form field inputs or static text.) See this screenshot http://minus.com/mbmT7Z7E8s/

On the Post Title field in your form, check the box which says "Create content template". That will open a drop down with all your existing form fields, and a single line input. Go ahead and insert some merge tags from the drop down, add spaces and static text, then click "Save Form". Now test by submitting the form and check the format of your post title to be sure it's what you wanted.

Does that solve the problem for you?

3. iamcanadian1973

I did that, then hid the post title field on the front end with css. I'm guessing that's the only way?

4. David Peralty

Did that not work for you?