PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Copy form fields between forms

1. Hi,

Is there a way to copy form fields or sets of fields between forms? Or maybe to insert a form inside another form? This would be great if you are building variations of forms for a client or expanding on an advanced form that is already in use.

Thanks for a great plugin!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 29, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You can't insert a form inside a form, and there is no functionality that will allow you to copy fields from one form to another. One thing that could be a workaround is using the export/import functionality. You can export your "base" form and copy the xml nodes representing the fields you want. Then export the target form and paste the xml nodes in it (just be careful with the field Ids. make sure they remain unique). Then import the resulting xml. Not ideal, but it is something that could help you.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 29, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Similar to the original topic, is there a way to copy form fields WITHIN the same form? For instance, I'm building an online performance application for a music festival. I'm enabling conditional logic to display a certain number of "fieldsets" according to how many members are in the band. It'd be super amazingly awesome to be able to copy those fields and just change the label names and adjust the logic rules.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday June 30, 2011 | Permalink
  4. No, there is no duplicate field functionality. There is only duplicate form functionality. So right now you can't copy/duplicate fields within the form.

5. Thank you for your reply. Is this something RocketGenius would ever consider?

6. Yes, it is a feature we will probably add in the future.

7. That's awesome. Thank you!

8. I agree, that would be awesome!
    It would be super if we could have subsets that we can reuse easily between different forms.

Thank you for your quick answers!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 1, 2011 | Permalink
  9. yes, PLEASE! The ability to duplicate fields would make the current form I am building, which has over 50 fields, so much faster. It's taking forever to re-create the same field over and over.
    If you would also create the ability to create Survey/Rating forms, that would be fantastic, too. Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 12, 2011 | Permalink
  10. jcollier

Agreed. This would be a great feature! With dozens of multiple-choice and product fields, each form takes hours. A copy and paste field function -- and also an insert-into-place function -- would be so very helpful!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 3, 2011 | Permalink
  11. cptgrp

I would like to use forms I've created on one domain on another domain. It would be a pain to have to recreate the same exact form field by field.

Any advice?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 10, 2011 | Permalink
  12. @cptgrp,

You can export your full form as an XML file and import it on another site without having to recreate it.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Import/Export

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 10, 2011 | Permalink
  13. Greg

Duplicate field or section functionality would be great, add a whole new level of functionality.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 1, 2011 | Permalink
  14. The 1.6 version which is currently in beta has the ability to duplicate a field within the same form.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 1, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.