PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Create a list of ingredients

1. Hi,

I've just bought Gravity Forms to allow my blog visitors to submit their own recipes via a form. I can work out how to do most things, but am getting stuck when trying to create a list of ingredients.

What I'd like is a text field that they fill out with a value and ingredient on each line, that is then converted to an unordered list in the body area of the post.

Or, a single line of text that they put one value and ingredient, then press a button (or it happens automatically) and another single line of text appears underneath, allowing them to enter the next ingredient.

Can you let me know how I would go about either of these?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday July 6, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Right now the only way to do this would be to use a paragraph field to capture the data, and then custom code to manipulate the data and wrap unordered list markup around each value if each value is on a new line. So it could only be done as a customization using API hooks to modify the data that was entered.

Gravity Forms doesn't currently have a list field that lets users fill in a value and then press a button to add additional values. However, this is a feature that is currently planned for the 1.5.3 release (although version wise we may release it as 1.6) where we will be introducing some new advanced fields that will make this possible.

3. Thanks Carl, that's very helpful. I'll look forward to the new versions!