PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Create Gift Certificate from form

1. Hi all,

I need to come up with a solution for my client who wants to sell gift certificates from his website. It seems to me that I should be able to accomplish this with Gravity Forms and the PayPal add-in. Here's what I need to do:-

1) purchaser fills out gift certificate request form on website page (supplying name, address, etc)
    2) purchaser clicks button to pay via PayPal
    3) following purchase, customer is returned to site which displays the gift certificate as a page which they can print out there and then
    4) a link to the certificate page (which only they have access to) is emailed to the purchaser so they can reprint it later

Could this be done with a combination of Gravity Forms, Custom post-types, PayPal add-on and User Registration add-on?

I would really appreciate some input here - anyone done this before?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 24, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Anybody?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 26, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I been trying to hack this same functionality together, i'll let you know what I figure out. It seems like it would be even easier than what you've outlined. My idea was just to have a dropdown box with say 4 services, or a fill in amount for the quantity of the gift card. The buyer would then fill out their information (address, email, phone, recipient) and click "buy now". They would go to paypal, complete payment and then a simple unique code would b logged into their form submission. Paypal even provide a unique transaction code that could be used. The code could be automatically emailed to the buyer as a "gift card code" that they use upon requesting service. A feature request? :)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 2, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Hey Manomalt, thanks for the reply. Interested to know what you've figured out so far...?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 7, 2012 | Permalink
  5. I'm going to be working on this a bit more this week, i'll let you know what I figure out.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 21, 2012 | Permalink
  6. look forward to it :)

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 26, 2012 | Permalink
  7. any luck?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday May 21, 2012 | Permalink
  8. tremblayly

HI
    I would also be interested in finding out if it's doable.
    Thanks
    Lyse

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday June 13, 2012 | Permalink
  9. I finally just moved on with this using wepay. I used we pay to sell "tickets for events" as gift cards. It actually worked pretty good until the client decided they were no longer interested! Oh well. Using wepay was a quick and easy way to solve it though. Tickets work just like gift cards.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 20, 2012 | Permalink
  10. David Peralty

Yeah, collecting the user data, making the purchase, and sending them a code would all be relatively easy with Gravity Forms, but creating a "secure" page unique to that purchase would be difficult, even with custom post types. Also, using the coupon later on the same site using Gravity Forms would take some work as you would have to check the database to see if what they've entered exists as a valid gift card/code.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday July 20, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Matt

I just read this post looking to make gift certificates via gravity forms. After looking for solutions that I did not have to code myself... I ended up just generating them through paypal.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 12, 2012 | Permalink
  12. David Peralty

Glad you found a solution that worked well for you. All my best!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 12, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.