PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Created form - Mapped it To User Registration - what now?

1. Hi

I have just downloaded and installed Gravity forms and this is my first time using it, so please forgive me if I have missed something basic.

I have created a form for use to get people to sign up for a new site on my multisite network.
    I then 'mapped' each of the fields in the "User Registration" Add On to the form.

What now? How to I active it so that the form can be used?

I did wonder if just worked automatically, but when i went to either:
    /wp-login.php?action=register
    /wp-signup.php

I just got the standard WordPress registration form.

I have looked through the documentation, but can't find anything about this. I also can't include a URL as the site it is on my localhost (using Desktop Server).

Thanks,

Paul

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. It's OK I figured it out myself.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 28, 2012 | Permalink
  3. It would be really great if you could post what you did to 'fix' this, as I am in the exact same boat...
    http://www.zeussystems.com/blog

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 3, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Hi Zeus,

I figured out that 'all' of the gravity forms use a shortcode to embed them into pages and posts. Including the registration form.

So, you need to create a new page or post in WP, and paste in the shortcode for this form into the html of that page/post. See here:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Embedding_A_Form

Then you just name the page/post - Get a Website, or registration or whatever you want.

On my local development environment, so I assume a live server too, I was able to turn off registration in WordPress Super Admin settings, and the gravity form registration still worked, which was great as the default WP registration page no longer was there - just the one I created.

I think bundling some "Getting Started" information along with Gravity Forms would be good for new users. I ran into a couple of problems just getting up and running with this plugin.

I hope this is of some help to you Zeus,

Paul

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 4, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it.
    That link you sent is great for me to use forms on pages and posts, which is something I was trying to figure out as well, so that's fantastic and I am excited to get started on my form pages.

What I am trying to do is replace the user registration. (Prior to purchase I saw this featured, so I figured it would be a checkbox that took over the WP registration or something simple.)

At any rate, I don't use multiple sites, so I don't use Super Admin, but I downloaded Enhanced Meta plugin so I could change the WP logo, and hide the register button.
    I then used the Gravity user registration form in a widget.

After that, the user registration doesn't show up as a wordpress user, they can't login after registering and while the email confirmation worked, it said wordpress@domainname.com even though I have it set to use a specific address.- How confusing!

I love Gravity forms, but I think this add-on needs some work, and I agree documentation would be quite helpful.

What I did was to get my user registration working:
    1) Remove the gravity form widget
    2) Used "enhanced meta plugin" to change logo and customize the site links, like register, login, logout etc.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/enhanced-meta-widget/
    3) Used this mail-from plugin to change the from email address (wordpress@)
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mail-from/
    Now the users show up in Wordpress and are able to login!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 4, 2012 | Permalink