PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

credit card form must: check crm, auth cc, run google conversion tracker js

1. Just bought program. I have a prior web page which has php to check crm, get authorization from planetauthorize.net, and if all is well, run the google converstion tracking script.

The similar topics list probably has all the sample code I need, but I'm still uneasy with the mental model I'm using.

I guess I need to use 1.6, I'm on 1.5.2.8.

I say that because I think I need gform_after_submission which needs 1.6.

But before I do that, I think I need gform_validation which checks to see if data is filled in & that an Agent Code is valid in my crm.

I have a plain jane, dreamweaver output form, to which I have added hidden fields to be passed from submit to submit, and based on the processing, I display messages, and eventually, a different display and an execution of the google js to do the conversion tracking.

So, do I write the php code to do this stuff & put it into functions.php?

I know I'll probably need a separate "confirmation" (conversion) page (w/ google js). I'm just not sure how to string it all together.

I'll comment on what I discover, as I go thru this, but any pointers would be helpful. The sooner I can finish this, the sooner my coworkers can get back to work. techsbyminute.com

tia, Jim

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Correct. You would write custom PHP using the available hooks and filters and the code could be placed in your functions.php file. You could also create your own custom plugin that handles this if you didn't want to put the code in your theme.

The confirmation page issue is separate from the credit card field creation. The confirmation page is a form setting, so you can redirect to a page that has your conversion code. There are also examples in the forum of how to do this using the confirmation text.

Please note we do plan on adding a Credit Card field with card type validation to Gravity Forms when we release our Authorize.Net Add-On which is in development.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 12, 2011 | Permalink