PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

custom field (field type = email) is not recognized as an email field

1. I have a form that is collecting the email address as a custom field (for use in a custom post type template later) with a field type of email. When I attempt to select this form from the user registration addon I get the message :

The form selected does not have any Email fields. Please add an Email field to the form and try again.

I don't want to make the user enter the email address multiple times. If I was to use a normal email field would there be a way to pass a hidden custom field the email address or would I need to do this via the gform_post_submission() hook and just use the value from the standard email field to populate the custom meta data that I need?

I just thought that an email field should be seen as being email field no matter what for this plugin whether it creates custom data or just form data should not matter.

Thanks for your support.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday April 29, 2011 | Permalink
  2. We will check this out on our end, replicate the issue and then see if this is a GF issue or User Registration Add-On issue and get it resolved.

3. I just thought that an email field should be seen as being email field no matter what for this plugin ...

We agree. :)

I've just sent you an email with an updated copy of the User Registration add-on. For other users reading this, User Registration v1.2.1 should be available for public download soon. If you need it immediately, send a request via our Contact Us form in the right-hand navigation.

4. Thanks so much your update worked great.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.