PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Custom formatting of data

1. I am running a wordpress site using gravity forms and the directory module. So we have a form working fine at mysite.com/someform using the form directories option. We have a page setup which is at mysite.com/somepage and that page is simply :

<span style="line-height: 1.714285714; font-size: 1rem;">To View More Details, Click on the Person's Name.</span>

[directory form="5" sort="2.6" dir="ASC"]

This creates a rather bland list view. I am an experienced programmer but not familiar with wordpress. Basically I am trying to figure out where and how to create or configure a view of this data with some nice formatting. Is this something that can be done purely within wordpress, or must it be done by creating some file on the server containing PHP code? I would like the page to be modular so that we can include the nicely formatted list of data in other pages.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 1, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

The directory add-on was developed by a third party, and you'll have to speak to them if you want help customizing their output. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-addons/

All my best!

3. Thanks. If we decided not to use directory, is there any part of gravity forms which facilities the output of the data? In that case, would I need to create a separate file?

4. Is there a guide somewhere where I can figure this out without using gravity forms directory?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 4, 2013 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

Gravity Forms can create WordPress blog posts, but beyond that, it doesn't come with any way to display entries in the front end of a site.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 5, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Ok, thanks muchly. Would you recommend something for that purpose? I suppose this is what gravity forms directory is for, but it seems to be of limited customizability.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 5, 2013 | Permalink