PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Customizing the format of notification emails- pricing table

1. ursuluv

I would like to be able to customize the format of the notification emails that are sent out- specifically the pricing fields.

The drop down menu for merge tags includes name, unit price, and quantity, but not the total price for the selected quantity of a product. What code needs to be included so that this will show up the way that it does in the automatically generated table for pricing fields?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 31, 2012 | Permalink
  2. ursuluv

I can see where the formatting for the default pricing tables exists in common.php, but clearly don't want to edit it directly in common.php. There doesn't seem to be an existing hook to get directly at that content. Any clues would be appreciated.

At the end of the day all of that I really want is for the output of the table to read:

quantity - product - unit price - price

rather than:

product - quantity - unit price - price

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 31, 2012 | Permalink
  3. ursuluv

Any tips?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Nope, there's currently no hook to change that markup. For now you would need to edit the core files and maintain a version when the updates run. I'll mention the idea of a hook here to the team though.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 6, 2012 | Permalink