PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Data Field Encryption

1. nbi123

There's a massive need for the ability to keep data safe after capturing it.

GF does a fabulous job capturing it, but absolutely nothing to help keep it safe. Please add the ability to encrypt data fields with strong encryption (AES 256 or similar).

I want certain data fields stored in the database - encrypted.

Can the GF team please consider putting this on the list of things to do? People have been asking for encryption from you for years now - you can read multiple posts on this forum about it...

I'd pay for this type of "Official add-on" if it were available. I'd be willing to pay $1000 or more if necessary. Even as a Developer License only add-on.

No, I don't want some custom coding form some GF expert over at ODesk.com. I want something from the GF team so it'll be compatible with all future releases and it will just work with no custom "jury-rigging" of forms.

I have many clients with forms that need certain data fields encrypted (such as drivers license, or social security, etc.) and presently GF can't do it without going through all sorts of extra steps (custom code).

Can this functionality be added to the main GF interface?
    ~ I want to be able to select the field(s) to be encrypted on a form by form basis.
    ~ I want the fields to be encrypted in the database, but visible to the admin when he/she logs in.
    ~ Having the admin enter an extra (difficult) pass-phrase within the GF admin area in order to un-encrypt the secured data fields would be acceptable if that strengthened the security.

Any light at the end of this tunnel? Can we please get this feature?

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 9, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Thank you for the suggestions. We'll keep it as a feature request for now.

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday February 9, 2013 | Permalink
  3. coburnenterprises

This would be awesome!!!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 11, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Sevaa

Would love to see this!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink
  5. I would like to add my vote for this feature, as well. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday April 3, 2013 | Permalink