PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

data persistence / handling long forms

1. Jradar

i'm looking for someone to consult with me as to various solutions to the below issues and then if appropriate, to help create a solution. thanks very much

i have a very long form, 5 pages with each page being very long itself

is there a best practice for how to handle 'form fatigue' and saving long forms if the user leaves for some reason or their browser crashes?

i do have the data persistence plugin ... but it does not auto save -> which would be ideal

how do people handle this?

i've tried to monkey with the data-persistence plugin, but i'm not skilled enough to write code myself of that level

and now i've grabbed the 'next button' code and put that in html in various places on the site but changed it's name to 'save now' (this seems to submit and save form content, except it jumps the person to the next page, which i'd like to fix)

there must be a better way??

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday July 3, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you still require assistance with this please open a new support ticket or a priority support ticket if you are a developer license holder. Thank you.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday July 26, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.