PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Database Question

1. I have a project already within Wordpress that currently uses a custom made form that is relatively complex and difficult to manage.

Apart from logic style questions and being able to,handle financial/math data (so execute some formulas), I need to be able to set variable names for each response, and retrieve them from the mysql database. Additionally, some questions will require answers from previous questions to form,possible responses. For example, if I indicate that {productOrService} variable = product, then a later answer to a question may be written as "my {productOrService} will compete on price", and the user will see "my product will compete on price.".

Can Gravity forms meet these needs?

Rodolfo

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms will not be a good fit for this without some custom programming. For example, displaying questions later in the form based on previous answers is not a feature, unless you use conditional logic. However, it sounds like the choices and possible responses can come from the database, dynamically, which means you can't use conditional logic. Additionally, the field IDs cannot be changed. You can use parameter names, and populate fields that way, but not much of what you;re asking to do can be handled in Gravity Forms without programming.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 17, 2013 | Permalink