PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Datepicker and Mailchimp problem

1. I created a form with a date field but the days in the calendar do not display correctly. After some playing around I discovered if I disable my Mailchimp plugin it works correctly. They both use the date picker function I believe so I'm not sure if that's the problem or there is a CSS problem. Here is the link http://sitdoggie.com/contact-sit-doggie/appointment/

Not sure what Gravity form CSS class to use to override any MailChimp classes ?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 30, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The datepicker that Gravity Forms uses is the jQuery UI datepicker. So it is possible depending on how the MailChimp plugin has implemented the jQuery UI datepicker that it is introducing CSS styles that are disrupting the Gravity Forms datepicker display.

Is there any reason why you aren't just using Gravity Forms and the MailChimp Add-On to create your sidebar email subscription form rather than installing another plugin? This is completely doable using Gravity Forms alone.

3. Thanks for verify that, I figure that might be the caused. Now if I can figure out what CSS to use. I only have a personal license. The Mail Chimp plugin requires a developer or business license. Maybe I should upgrade, if I can do that?

4. You can upgrade at anytime. There is an option to upgrade in the Settings page of Gravity Forms itself in your WordPress Dashboard if your license key has been entered on that page. See this screenshot:

https://skitch.com/carlhancock/gcs61/settings-gravity-forms-v1.6-wordpress

You can also upgrade from the Add-On manager page in your WordPress Dashboard. See this screenshot:

https://skitch.com/carlhancock/gcs67/add-ons-gravity-forms-v1.6-wordpress

And finally there is an option to renew here on the support site. Go to the My Account page and next to your license key will be an Upgrade link that you can use to Upgrade your license.

You will receive a discount equal to the value of your license when upgrading. When upgrading to the Developer License we round that discount up to $50 rather than $39.

5. But that doesn't make sense when you think about it. In my case, I bought the wrong license. I used a 25% off coupon. I will end up paying $30 to upgrade by paying $150 to move to a developer license which will bring my total payment to $180 (because I used a coupon). If I had purchased the license outright in the beginning, I would have paid $150. I am basically paying a penalty because I didn't get the license that was needed.

Why disincentivize people who want to upgrade by making them pay a penalty? It isn't the best pricing policy when you think about it. It discourages the very people from upgrading who would probably be your biggest supporters. Specifically, you are penalizing the very people who have already tried the product and want to give you more money.

Why would they pay more than a person who has never tried the product? It just doesn't make any sense.

I understand that it's your product and you can price it any way that you wish. I'm just saying that based on everything that we have learned about pricing theory in the last 50 years, this policy is guaranteed to result in a measurable loss of revenue for no clear reason whatsoever.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 28, 2013 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

Your logic is slightly flawed in that the normal, retail price is $199 and you would pay $180, a savings of nearly $20. Yes, others might receive a higher discount, but they are taking a higher initial risk, and investing a higher amount of money up front. You could have done the same, so in a sense, the system is also fair in that respect.

By upgrading, you are gaining access to a lot of features, and I think, features worth more than the $199 normal price. There are many articles explaining how Gravity Forms prices low and how it is such a value.

If you feel you are being penalized in some way, I'm sorry, but we don't see it that way at all, and I would hope that your excitement to use our professional level add-ons and priority support would be an overriding benefit to you and your business. I hope you'll take a look at what our development license offers, and the continued new add-ons we've released, and consider upgrading. I feel that even our new Zapier add-on is worth the price of admission. Check it out if you haven't already. http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-zapier-add-on-v1-0-beta-1-released/

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 28, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.