PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Designed a funky Mailchimp-powered sidebar subscription form?

1. So I have a very basic subscription widget on the home page of this site:

http://www.rciventures.com

It works in conjunction with Mailchimp to drive (admittedly very few because it's rubbish) registrations to our email list.

Questions, of which there are 2:

1. Do you use this system to capture emails?
    2. Do you have an example of a nicely designed subscription widget that can inspire me to do similar myself?

I'm no CSS junkie and I just want something simple but effective to achieve standout.

Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago on Friday February 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. We use the MailChimp Add-On on our site to add subscribers to our email list, however we simply integrate it with our existing contact forms. We don't use it in a widget on our own site.

I don't have any examples of subscription widgets. You could look around at any site that has any type of subscription sign up form on their site for inspiration. The widget can be styled however you want using CSS so if you find something for inspiration you could use CSS to customize your own widget.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday February 11, 2011 | Permalink