PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Developers license

1. Donald

How does it work? I get multiple forms but how many?
    If I buy a developers license and then 6 months later build a form for a client, does he get 1 year of updates or only 6 months?
    If I buy a form from a developer (I must have the advanced add-ons) how can I tell how much time is left on it? How do I know that he is not developing for me an 11 month old form and after only one month I have to renew the license?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 11, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

You receive a one year license to install Gravity Forms on as many sites as you would like. If that is 100, 1000, or 1 million, that doesn't matter to us. If you build a form for a client, and add in your license key, he only gets support and updates for as long as your license is valid. In the situation you mentioned, that would be six months unless you renewed for another year.

Forms created won't stop working when a license expires. You will just lose access to adding new add-ons, updates, and support. You can change out the license if you ever need to. If your developer gave you a license that expires in a month, your choice is to take it up with the developer, or purchase your own license.

Hope that answers your questions.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 11, 2012 | Permalink