PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Different uses for product field.

1. Smith

First post here, love the plugin so far.

I have a client who wants to have a shopping cart for their farm. They sell by the price per pound so you can't buy anything directly off of the site, they need to weigh it and let the customer know how much it is going to be.

So I want to create a form where the user puts in the quantity of an item and on that item I can display the price per pound, description and an image ( thumbnail w/ lightbox or something)

I have tried using the product field but it just displays price and I need price per pound displayed, but it gets tricky cause the customer is buying the meat in packages so they need to put in the number of packages in the quantity field.

You can see the start of the form here

Thanks for the help

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 23, 2012 | Permalink
  2. mmatalon

I too am very interested in this as well... I am in the process of building something similar to Smith.

Thanks
    Mike

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 24, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Smith

I tried this filter but I don't know what to put in $label and $form_id since I want it to change all the quantities on all product fields.

<?php
    add_filter("gform_product_qty", "change_qty", 10, 2);
    function change_qty($label, $form_id){
    return "Packages";
    }

Further clarification: I wanted to change the word 'Quantities' to 'Packages' when the end user of the form sees the form. I tried this filter and it did not work so i am curious what I did wrong.
    ?>

Posted 12 years ago on Friday February 24, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Smith

Here is an example of the template I would like help building for listing the products.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11282572/template-for-product.gif

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday February 25, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Smith

I guess I'll keep updating this thread till support chimes in :)

I created what I want the product form to look like in the html field.
    You can see an example here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11282572/cory-template.PNG

this is what I see as a "band-aid" for what I think I really need. When I do this the admin label for the number field is not being displayed in the notification email but the field label and since they are all 'packages' it makes it hard to know what the customer ordered. I thought the admin label would have transferred to the notification. That is besides the point.

What I want to do is make my own field box like wpsmith did with his TOS box.

I want to create my own box in the standard fields menu that allows me to create something like I made in my html box above but including the quantity or packages.

Ideally when creating the form I could upload or choose a picture to use for that product and have the title, price/pound then description and quantity/packages.

I hope this is clear enough and that I am able to get this code and make this work.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 26, 2012 | Permalink
  6. I believe you are looking for these pages, which are new in 1.6.
    Esp this one: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_product_price
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_product_unitprice

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 26, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Smith

Thanks Travis but I have already tried those out extensively as you can see from my 2nd post from the top.

The only filter I got to work was the changing the entries and notifications to packages instead of qty.
    '<?php
    add_filter("gform_product_qty", "change_qty", 10, 2);
    function change_qty($label, $form_id){
    return "Packages";
    }
    ?>'

Don't take this the wrong way but I feel like I did a great job at explaining myself and all I got was references to two docs. Not what I expected...
    I want to have my own product field with an image and such like I explained above.

I feel like a butt head Travis, I just saw you are not a moderator but a member. You didn't deserve the last paragraph.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 28, 2012 | Permalink
  8. Smith

Any input from support on this? am I in the right forum?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 4, 2012 | Permalink
  9. You are in the right forum, but customizations are not technically supported so we can't always reply to every customization question on the support forum in a timely fashion and a lot of customization questions aren't always something that can be answered via the forum as they are too involved.

The best way to get our attention when it comes to a customization question is to post your question on the support forum AND submit a priority support request and include a link to your forum post. We can then review it individually and provide some guidance. Just keep in mind ultimately it's a customization so it'll be on you to implement.

The issue is I don't believe those filters for customizing the labels for Orders, Price, Quantity, etc. impact the front end form. They are designed to customize the labels used when displaying the order information in the entry details as well as merge tag output. They don't change the form field labels themselves.

I will discuss this with our team on Monday and see how to best handle this situation. We would either have to add additional filters or update the existing label filters so that they also change the front end form.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 5, 2012 | Permalink
  10. Smith

thanks carl for the reply.

I look forward to your response on mon.

11. Our lead developer was unavailable to discuss this today.

This is going to require us to add new hooks to Gravity Forms to enable this type of customization to the frontend form.

We are getting ready to release Gravity Forms v1.6.3.2 later this week and I will see that the necessary hooks to enable this type of customization get included with this release.

12. Smith

I saw the new release but didn't see anything about new hooks being added to accommodate what I need. did it get added?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday March 10, 2012 | Permalink
  13. Smith

Any news on this if the requested hooks and filters got added?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 18, 2012 | Permalink