PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Disable items in a Paypal product dropdown

1. BruceMcK

Hi,

I have a Paypal product drop down that lets people choose the size of shirt they wish to purchase. It all works well, except that I now an in the situation where I have some of the size out of stock.

I've set the price to the out-of-stock sizes to zero, so people are not charged for something I can't supply. But I'd really like to be able to disable individual items within the dropdown list. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks, Bruce.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 30, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Bruce, can you just remove them altogether from the drop down and then add them back in when you are stocked up?

3. BruceMcK

Hi Rob,

Yeah, I probably could do that. I am hesitant to do this though, as this is for a fishing competition and entries close in two weeks. We're getting hundreds of entries a day, and I don't really want to tinker with the forms for fear of breaking something during our busiest period.

Bruce.

4. You can always export your form by going to Import/Export - then choosing the Export Form (not Entires) option and keep the original form XML file for a backup. You can also duplicate the form before you make any changes to have a backup that way. I don't think there is much of a solution here without you editing the form anyways.