PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Discount Calculations

1. How do I perform discount calculations overall? I have 5 discounts that can be selected with specific dollar amounts and I need the deductions to be reflected in the total.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday August 21, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Can you tell me about how you are setting up the discounts? Are people entering a code? Selecting an option? Depending on how you set it up, you could always have a product that has a negative value and have it hidden until conditional logic shows it. This would be for specific dollar amount discounts only.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday August 22, 2012 | Permalink
  3. They are selecting an option. Ideally it would be a checkbox list of specific dollar amount discounts and they select the one's that apply to them and then the discount is reflected in the total. How do I have negative value products?

4. David Peralty

Have a quick look at this:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/Pu3srwB7lUM

Let me know if it helps.

5. This does help; however, they can have multiple discounts. So, a checkbox set-up would work best, but I don't see that as an option. Am I missing something?

6. David Peralty

Nope, you would basically have to have the main product, and then use the Options field. Then with the options, you could do exactly the same thing, but have it as a checkbox set-up.

7. This is very nice, Thank you David! But May I ask to take this a little bit further?

Say I have I have 6 items (1 mandatory purchase 5 selective) - and I want to give a Discount if they select 5 items Say $20 off total, or if they select 6 items say $30 off.
    BUT I want the form to verify and basically auto-input the discount (so it is take out of the hands of those whom may "Accidentally apply a discount when its not allowed").
    I am struggling with setting this up. I am very New with Gravity Forms (bought it yesterday), so I am just learning my way around.
    The temp link to give you an idea of what I am setting up is : http://teammartialarts.net/tournament-registration-temp-page/

Thank you or anyone with input

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 15, 2012 | Permalink
  8. There is no built in way to do this in Gravity Forms. It would be a customization. You can find help with customizing Gravity Forms on our job board.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/forum/job-board

9. Really, it would seem like a set of variables and maybe hooks passed would solve the issue. It really should not be that difficult to need a person to do the work for me, I prefer to learn how myself, but Thanks.

I guess I will have to wait to do more until I solve the mysteries of Gravity Forms, lol.

10. If you do attempt to work it out yourself, please let us know if you need help. Post the code you're using and we'll see if we can help.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 16, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Chris - Thank you, I have programmed and worked in conjunct with several open source code projects in the past and find that sharing the knowledge with others only helps to develop each software to a higher level. My problem is I am a slow coder, LOL.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 17, 2012 | Permalink