PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Discrepancy between Entries and Export File

1. We use Gravity Forms to make some contest entry forms on our website. The most recent contest we are running is by far the biggest (in terms of response) that we have done and I am noticing an odd discrepancy. In the WP back-end Gravity Forms reports that there have been 210,824 views and 81,365 entries. However, when I export the entries (even using a blank date range and selecting all fields for output) I get varying numbers of records exported. One was 41,362, and then 2 minutes later I got 37,425. It's disconcerting enough that the numbers are different, but even more so that neither of them match the number of entries Gravity Forms is reporting.

What could be going on here?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Sounds like a memory issue on your server. The server is running out of memory or processing time to process all the entries.

With a large number of entries like this, rather than rely on the Gravity Forms export routine, I would go direct to the database and export all the entries for the form from the rg_lead table. See if your count matches what Gravity Forms is reporting in the admin at that point.

If you can get a PHP info from your server, we should be able to check for memory issues or timeout issues which could be affecting this. You might also have an error logged from around the time you did your export which would explain the discrepancy.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink