PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Display Posts based on Form Entry

1. Hi, I used Gravity Forms to make 2 Dropdowns.

1 - Cities: (A list of my Parent Categories)
    2 - Towns: (A conditional list that is chained to the first dropdown.)

So basically, you choose a City, and then the second dropdown serves up a list of Towns within that City. Easy.

What I would like to know is if a third step is possible. I want to be shown a list of Stores (Posts) within the selected Town. This result is not a form element. It's just a list of results.

Is this possible?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Where do you have this list of stores stored? You could do this with conditional logic again, but depending on the number of cities and number of towns, this may be a huge amount of combinations of conditions to show. If you are not going to store this in the form as conditional fields (they could be HTML fields shown conditionally) then you are going to have to call the list dynamically using something like AJAX based on the change in the Towns drop down. How you do this will depend on where the list of stores is stored.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 17, 2013 | Permalink