PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Display score results before the user submits the form.

1. Dear support,

Is there a method to use merge tags inside html fields ?
    I want to display the score results before the user submits the form.

At the moment I'm using the script "Better Pre-submission Confirmation" by gravitywiz but once I activate the script the form becomes really slow.

Kind regards, Twan

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 4, 2013 | Permalink
  2. You won't be able to use a merge tag in an HTML field in the form, since the values for the form have not been submitted and the score could not be tabulated. If you want to calculate a score on the same page, you will need to use jQuery to do it.

I'm not sure how the Gravitywiz script is related. Can you explain that? Or, can you share a link to the page on your site where the form is located?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday January 6, 2013 | Permalink
  3. I've built a multi-page form. The score is not displayed on the same page that the questions are filled in. The form can be found here : http://coalitioncreative.nl/FFF/

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday January 6, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Where do you want to see the score displayed?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 7, 2013 | Permalink
  5. On page 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15

6. As I mentioned in my initial reply, you will need to perform the calculation with jQuery to display the score on any page other than the confirmation screen. Are you using the Quiz add-on?

7. I'm not using the quiz add-on. Can you post a jQuery example ?

8. Showing how to use jQuery to calculate the score on a page-by-page basis is beyond the scope of what we can provide in the Gravity Help support forums. I don't know of any existing examples in these forums showing how to calculate the score before the form is submitted.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 8, 2013 | Permalink