PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Displaying a Text Field input in HTML block?

1. I want to display something like this in an HTML block on my form:

<h3>Nice to meet you {Name (First):1.3}. Now that we have introduced ourselfs let's continue.</h3>

However, the form will render with "{Name (First):1.3}" without pulling the first name from the field that was filled out. Is this possible to do? Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday October 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I too would like to display the value of a form field in an HTML block, but as stated above, using a merge tag doesn't seem to work.

Is there some other way of achieving this?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 7, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Using a merge tag in the form will not work because the form has not yet been submitted. There is no value to put into the HTML field. To echo information back to the visitor after they fill out a form, you will need to use jQuery. Gravity Forms can't help with it because the form has not yet been submitted.

You could use two forms and capture the name in form one, then after they submit the first form, direct them to form two, and pre-populate the field using information from form 1.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Thanks for the info. This helps me out. Much appreciated.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink