PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Displaying an image inline right after it's been uploaded?

1. Is there anyway I can go about hooking into the file upload function to display an image inline after it's been uploaded?

I don't really mind if this requires hacking the gravity forms core as long as I can get this functionality.

i.e. the picture gets displayed above the file upload widget right after a successful upload

|________________|

[Browse] [========]
    Posted 13 years ago on Thursday November 11, 2010 | Permalink
  2. The problem is that the image only gets uploaded when the submit button is pressed, and by that time the user will be looking at the confirmation page.

3. Well then, how about this for a crazy request, can I nest forms?

That is, can I create an ajax form with the file uploads inside of my main form that asks user details, etc.

4. You were right when you called that a crazy request !! :)
    No, that wouldn't work.
    What you really want is a flash file uploader, which we do plan on adding in the future, but we don't currently have one.

5. Any idea on a time frame for that feature?

6. No time frame set at this point. A flash upload utility will make a future version, but I'm sure it won't be until the first quarter of next year at least.