PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Do multi-page forms take a long time to load?

1. Good evening.

I have a complex multi-page form at http://highlifegourmet.com/arizona-mortgage-application/ (obviously, this is a test domain)

Anyway, I would like to take values from FORM 1 and then show FORM 2, FORM 3, or FORM 4 depending on their FORM 1 answers.

From what I understand from the forums, this isn't currently possible, but will be built into a future upgrade.

So instead, I have a 7 part, multi-page form with lots of conditional logic.

It seems to be loading and moving slow. I want to add my own JPG progress bar to each one of the 7 pages, but I am afraid that will slow it down to the point of un-usability.

I live on an island in the middle of Lake Huron and the only internet I have is a very slow PUBLIC wireless connection. Is it possible the slowdown is on my end?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday February 17, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The speed seems fine to me. I didn't notice any speed problems loading the form or paging to the next page. Of course if you build really complex forms with lots of conditional logic, there is the potential for performance lags due to all the javascript needed for the logic, etc. In most cases it isn't an issue at all.

The only thing I noticed while trying to use your form was the error styles didn't stand out.. it was hard to see what form fields needed to be completed. I'm guessing this is just a form in work still and you'll style those so they're more visible.

3. Kick ass. Thank you. And yes, it is definitely not finished!