PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Donation Form with "Other Amount" Option

1. Good morning!

Like a lot of folks (it seems) I am trying to build a donation form that will allow donors to select from our suggested donation amounts while also offering them the opportunity to enter their own donation amount. I am aware that I can use the PRODUCT (Pricing) field to add a Field Type of Radio Buttons or Drop Down to allow donors to select one of the predetermined amounts, but I don't see a really good way to add the Other Amount option. When I go to add a new PRODUCT (Pricing) field so that I can allow a User Defined Price, I have to add a Field Label, which functions as a sort of section header (i.e., it bolds the font and adds a bit of a 'section break'), so it looks sort of weird. Is there a better way to do this combination of suggested donation amounts along with a field for a write-in donation amount? I believe this question has been asked before, and I have searched the forum, but I have not seen a definitive response.

I am using GF form version 1.6.3.3.4 and PayPal add-on version 1.4.

Thanks for your help! It's an awesome product!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. What you describe is already possible using the available form editor tools.

Here is a quick rundown of how you would accomplish this...

- Use a regular Drop Down from the Standard Fields toolbox, not a Product Field, for the Donation Amount Selection. Make the choices list the donation amounts they can choose from and then the last choice can say "Other Amount" or however you want to label it.

- Add a Product Feld, use Single Product as the field type, for each of the choices in the Drop Down EXCEPT the user defined price one. Give each of these Product Fields a Field Label that corresponds to the selection in the Drop down or simply give each of them a Field Label of "Donation". The Field Label acts as the Product Name. Configure conditional logic to show/hide the appropriate field based on the selection made in the Drop Down.

- Add a Product Field, selet User Defined Price as the field type. Give the field a Field Label like above. Configure conditional logic to show/hide based on the selection made in the Drop Down.

I have created an example form that you can learn from. Download the XML file and import this form into your site and then edit it and preview it to see how it is put together and how it works.

You can download the example form XML export file here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/gravityforms/examples/donation-other-amount-form.xml

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 29, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Hi!

Thanks for your help -- this worked perfectly. I appreciate your time!

4. Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.