PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Downloading form data to CSV for FileMaker Pro

1. Hi.
    I have a FileMaker Pro database and want to make fairly complex, multi-page forms that will generate data that I will transfer to the FMP database.

I understand I can export the form data to a CSV or several other formats. How easy is it to transfer to FMP? I know you aren't FMP people, but I don't want to buy a solution that really isn't integrated well enough with my database.

Any information you can provide to help me understand how GF and FMP talk to one another will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 8, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi, MarkMonty,

While in Gravity Form's admin, you have the ability to export the data for your forms. You may select all fields or individual ones and a date range. At present, you can only export this data into a .csv file. At that point you have the .csv file and would need to check out what data load options are available in your FileMaker Pro database. I do not know what is available in FileMaker Pro, whether you can import the file in this format and map fields, or if there are data transformation services.

Also, all of the form data is saved in your WordPress database, so you have data Export options available within MySQL.

So, Gravity Forms can export a .csv or you can work with the data directly in your WordPress database; it all depends on what FMP can do on its end.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 16, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.