PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Duplicate / Import Forms

1. skishopmatt

Wondering if it is possible to quickly re-create a form on a new blog without having to re-create everything. Working on a multisite platform, we are looking for the ability to provide our users with pre-built forms that they can install without much effort. Is that possible? Our users are NOT tech savvy, so looking for a fairly simple solution.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 12, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Yes you can Export a form to XML using the Import/Export tools. That XML file can then be imported into another WordPress site using the same tool.

There are also features available to allow you to pre-generate forms when a new site in Multi-Site is created. It involves exporting the form(s) you want to automatically create to XML, and then you add a line to your wp-config.php that will point to this XML file and automatically create them when a new site is added.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 12, 2011 | Permalink
  3. skishopmatt

WOW! That's fantastic Carl. OK cool.

So we are currently using wufoo for all of our forms and they work great, but I like the control you guys offer much better. The only thing that's holding me back (or at least causing me to pause) is the lack of auth.net support. Is that correct? or is there a way around that (without using 3rd party billing like freshbooks, etc)

Again, really appreciate your time!!

Matt

Posted 12 years ago on Friday May 13, 2011 | Permalink
  4. We don't currently have an Authorize.net Add-On but it is an Add-On we plan on creating. Until then you'd have to have a developer create this integration for you. IT could be done by using our PayPal Add-On as a guide and then creating the Auth.net integration instead of PayPal integration.

5. skishopmatt

Thanks again Carl - really appreciate your speedy replies! I'm sold :)

Have a great day!

Matt

6. Is there a function that can be called to do the import of the forms? I want to be able have an export as a template, and then fill in some data ( email addresses mostly ) and then have it do the import? If that makes any sense at all... I basically hope to modify the XML and then do the import.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 17, 2011 | Permalink
  7. @Scott There is no public function to use for importing a form. The only function is the one used by the Import Form tool. You'd have to look at that code and duplicate it if you wanted a function you could use elsewhere. Can't you just use the Import Form area? What are you trying to accomplish as far as workflow?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 17, 2011 | Permalink
  8. @Carl, Is there a roadmap or approx timeline on releasing the Authorize.net plugin? I love Gravity Forms, but we've had to hang on to our Wufoo account for forms that we need to accept payments on. I'd love to ditch Wufoo altogether and be purely Gravity Forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 3, 2011 | Permalink
  9. @Caleb There is currently no timeline. We are working on new plugin product development, which will also include Authorize.net integration (unrelated to Gravity Forms) so once that is done i'm sure we will be able to put together an Authorize.net Add-On pretty quickly. But that won't be until later this summer at the earliest.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday June 3, 2011 | Permalink
  10. 61pixels

There are also features available to allow you to pre-generate forms when a new site in Multi-Site is created. It involves exporting the form(s) you want to automatically create to XML, and then you add a line to your wp-config.php that will point to this XML file and automatically create them when a new site is added

@Carl Can you elaborate a bit more on this and possible provide some sample code. I am looking to do this exact same thing for a current project and this would be a huge help.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday June 12, 2011 | Permalink
  11. @61pixels,

There's more complete information on the WP Config Options in the documentation here.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/WP_Config_Options

Posted 12 years ago on Monday June 13, 2011 | Permalink
  12. guildmeister

@Carl how do you do this? Can you point me to some documentation?

"There are also features available to allow you to pre-generate forms when a new site in Multi-Site is created. It involves exporting the form(s) you want to automatically create to XML, and then you add a line to your wp-config.php that will point to this XML file and automatically create them when a new site is added. "

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday July 10, 2011 | Permalink
  13. @guildmeister

The documentation link is in the post just before yours. Did you just miss that?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/WP_Config_Options

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday July 10, 2011 | Permalink
  14. In a multisite environment, is it possible to update all of the subsites' forms simultaneously post-import?

For instance, if the super admin decided that a field label needed to be changed throughout all of the forms on both the primary site and subsites, how would that be done?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 12, 2012 | Permalink
  15. It's not currently possible to do something like that without resorting to some sort of SQL query. The forms exist in each installation and need to be edited in each site individually.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday January 14, 2012 | Permalink