PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Duplicate Multiple Fields at Once

1. ZeadsDead

Hi,

What is the easiest way to duplicate about 15 fields at once? I have a form that is potentially 250 questions long. There are multiple sections of 25 questions each, with each section being separated by a section break.

I wish there was a way I can simply click "duplicate section" and automatically create a brand new section with the same fields and advanced features from the previous section.

Is this at all possible? Is there a hack or work around you can recommend?

As you can see, it will take me HOURS to duplicate each field and then drag it into the proper position. I'd rather just do this by duplicating section by section.

Thanks, Ben

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 18, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I'm sorry, but our form builder just doesn't have any way to do what you are requesting at this time.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 18, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Moved to feature requests.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 19, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Kay

My feature request would be something similar. No clue if it's do-able :)

A developing section where fields and sections are created, not binded to a specific form at the time. When editing a form, you could drag and drop these already existing fields and sections into the form and re-use them over multiple forms instead of creating the same setup of fields over and over again.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday April 2, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Neat suggestion. Thank you for that.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday April 2, 2013 | Permalink
  6. ZeadsDead

+1
    wow. excellent solution. preset or default sections that can be designed ahead of time and easily replicated through drag/drop.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday April 4, 2013 | Permalink
  7. I would like to see the ability also to duplicate multiple tabs instead of singular... please implement :D

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday April 9, 2013 | Permalink
  8. +1 on this, duplicating a whole section would be awesome :)

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 17, 2013 | Permalink
  9. -duplicate-

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 17, 2013 | Permalink
  10. Psyspi

I'm chipping in to say I'd love to see this too. It would be super handy to be able to select multiple fields to duplicate and/or move in one chunk, or at least be able to use the Section Break field as a way to group fields, and then duplicate a whole section as previously suggested. It would save hours.

The extension that Kay suggested would be cool also, but if that's too difficult, then I'd love to still see the simpler version I described implemented. Hope it can happen! :D

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 26, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.