PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamic Population based on previous field

1. wsnider28

I've already read the How-To's and searched through the forums, but haven't really found an answer.

Since 1.6.3 beta 1 doesn't allow use of the Total field for conditional logic parameters, I'm trying to work around that by dynamically populating a hidden Number field with the value of the Total field. I'm assuming this will mean the Number field has to be on a subsequent page, which is fine (but if not, tell me, because the same page would be even better)

My question is, how do I set up the Number field to be dynamically populated with the value of the Total field?

Thanks for the help!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  2. wsnider28

...nothing?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 30, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I'm looking for the same thing.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 29, 2012 | Permalink
  4. wsnider28

@Tobijah... sorry, I should have posted this earlier. I finally got a response, and this worked for me:

this code (http://pastie.org/3342587) should go in functions.php and I think you'll need the checkbox on the target field checked, which says "allow field to be dynamically populated."

Yeah, it's as simple as that. Don't know why it was so difficult to find that in the first place. Hope that helps you.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 29, 2012 | Permalink