PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamic population of a fields in the form

1. davry21

I have searched the forum and can only find out how to dynamically populate fields on different forms.

So if I have a name text field at the top of my form and I want it to dynamically populate another text field further down on the same form, how do I do that?

Then I have a dropdown that when the person selects it, I want to be able to dynamically populate another text field on the same form as well.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 9, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You have 2 options.

If the fields you want to dynamically populate are visible to the user then you would have to do this with custom jQuery. There is no documentation for this because the hooks are PHP hooks and this would have to be done with standard jQuery.

If the fields you want to dynamically populate are hidden fields then you would populate them dynamically when the form is submitted using the gform_pre_submission hook or the gform_after_submission hook depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Both these hooks are documented in the Developer Docs section of the Documentation.

Either way these are customizations and require custom code to accomplish.

3. davry21

a select box has been made and below that there is a text field below that
    it has been done by gravity forms
    how can we populate the value of select box to the text field on change?

Thank you for your help!

4. This isn't a feature Gravity Forms does by default. If you want to populate the value of a text field with the value of a select box selection when a user selects a value in that drop down then you would have to implement it using custom jQuery. There isn't a built in feature that handles this for you.