PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamically load forms with Ajax

1. textalk

I'm having a page with approx. 13 forms. The page consists of many hidden divs containing links to fancyboxes with the generated forms. The problem is that when the page is loading, all hidden content shows up for a short time before "falling into place".

Since I don't have a problem if I remove the forms from the fancyboxes, I figured the problem is caused by having so many forms generated upon loading the page.

I then tried to dynamically load the forms via Ajax. However, the procedure in Wordpress for doing this is to go via admin-ajax.php, in an "admin context". This causes the forms to appear as editable but disabled and it just looks awkward.

Is there any possible solution for dynamically loading the forms into fancyboxes when these are being shown?

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 20, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

Not that I know of. It has been asked in the past if you can dynamically load Gravity Forms forms, and one of our developers commented that it is currently a limitation with no workaround, though something they'll be investigating in an upcoming version.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 20, 2013 | Permalink