PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Dynamically populate custom field with total

1. I'm basically using GF + authorize.net add-on so people can make a donation and set their own price. I have the form setup to post the user's info to a category so we can send a "Name donated $____" via RSS.

What I'm curious about is this: How can I dynamically populate a hidden custom field to equal the total amount paid?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday April 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. When you say post - are you using post fields?

3. Yes, basically I want to give special recognition to donors by placing them into a post category when they pay any amount. That way, I can setup an RSS feed at my company's conference that says "Thanks (name) for your donation of (amount)!" in a live feed.

I was able to solve the issue by downloading the beta and basically making the "Product field" calculate. So I have a custom field called "Your Donation Amount" (field ID 4). Then, I added the following to the formula of the Product field:

{Your Donation Amount:4} * 1

This is absolutely perfect. Allows me to let the user set their own donation price PLUS pass that number into the post so it can be broadcast from there. I'm so glad I didn't have to revert back to my javascript book on this one :)

4. Right on, glad you got it sorted. We plan on releasing the final 1.6.4 sometime next week as well.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday April 28, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.