PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Email Confirmation But No Thank You

1. I have the form settings set up to display text (Thank you for submitting your fundraising ideas/experiences). I get the email confirmation, but not the Thank you - and the information is still showing in the fields. I'm sure the visitor will think it has not been sent and will send it multiple times.
    http://kids.umpquawebdesign.com/fundraising

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Something is interfering with the submission of that form and the redirect afterward. That form should disappear and only the "Thank you" message should appear. The form should not be visible with the data in the fields after submission.

I would check for plugin conflict first.
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Also, can you submit the form from the Form Preview?

3. I got the emails for your tests. And I was able to send from the Form Preview...got the thank you message. I'll check the link you sent and let you know.

4. Yes, I think I submitted 3 or 4 times. It was sort of weird. I use the Genesis framework a lot, so I don't think it's related to that. If you can submit the preview and saw your "thank you" then it's a plugin or theme conflict. My guess would be a plugin.

5. I activated the 2010 theme and did NOT get the thank you message. The completed form was showing. I deactivated all the plugins and got the same results. Activated Gravity Forms, same results.

6. With the default theme and no plugins active, other than Gravity Forms, you still get the same results? But you can submit fine from the preview page?

Looks like the latest Gravity Forms and WordPress. I tried submitting with the Twenty Ten theme and got the same result as well.

Very odd.

Have you tried creating another form and inserting it into a new page, to see if the same thing happens there?

I have a feeling it's going to be something really simple, but I can't put my finger on it.

7. Hmmm, I have a form on the Contact Us page and it works fine (of course with 2010 and no plugins other than Gravity Forms).

8. What does your shortcode look like where you inserted this form into the page? Can you copy and paste that here?

After that, delete it and re-insert it with the icon. I think the shortcode got messed up inadvertently.

9. I'm going to guess it looks like this:

[gravityform id=4name=FundraisingIdeas]

But it needs to look like this:

[gravityform id=4 name=FundraisingIdeas]

There should be a space between 4 and name.

10. Oh, thank you, thank you! It was [gravityform id=4name=FundraisingIdeas]
    When I put a space between 4 and name, it worked! Amazing what such a tiny thing will do.

11. Phew. Glad you got that resolved. Please reactivate your theme and plugins. Hope you didn't lose any widget settings. Thanks for hanging in there!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.