PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Email confirmation link to be clicked on before account active

1. jameztcc

Hi,

GF with the user registration able to do this 1-3?

1. User registers via GF.
    2. User receives email notification with a link to click on to activate account.
    3. User clicks on the link, account activated.

thanks,
    James Tan

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 14, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Currently the User Registration Add-On doesn't support email validation with a link to activate the account like you have described. It is, however, a feature we plan on adding. The User Registration Add-On is still very young and there are a bunch of features we plan on adding such as user moderation/approval and the email to activate feature you described. So it isn't supported right now, but it is a feature we plan on adding in the future.

3. vlinkdave

Hi Carl...

As always thanks for the great development work being done... the user registration add-on is terrific!

For my development planning purposes, do you have any sense as to when the moderation/approval enhancements are to be released? Would you say days, weeks or months away?

thx... dave

4. Probably a couple months. Our Developer that works on the User Registration Add-On is returning from a month long trip this week and will be returning to work on Monday. So after that we will probably do some planning on what he will be working on. Until we do that I don't have a good idea of when it would be done.

5. vlinkdave

Thanks.... I fully understand.

While I'm waiting perhaps there is something I can use as a workaround. ie... is there a way to identify a user in the GF entry table and send them a "welcome" email? Of perhaps identify a user in the WP User list and send them an email?

I'm going to use GF to register users with a specific role and then manually change that role on a person by person basis. When I change the role in the WP user table, I want to trigger an email indicating that the user's role has been changed. Therefore this manual process will act as the approval/moderation step.

Any ideas?

thx... dave

6. jameztcc

Hi Carl,
    thanks for the roadmap.

Hi Dave,
    thanks a lot for expressing similar requirements that I have right now, esp if there's any workaround to code the activation email.

Look forward to inputs from Carl's team.

thanks,
    James Tan

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 15, 2011 | Permalink
  7. This feature would be such an amazing add on. It would help prevent spammers and sploggers from registering for the site. Even captchas don't work because people in poor countries are now paid to circumvent captchas. ugh.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 15, 2011 | Permalink
  8. Is there anywhere we can vote for this feature to be added? This would be a great addition.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  9. sascha

Any more development on this?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday August 12, 2011 | Permalink
  10. Hi Carl - I second @Sascha, any more news on this?

11. We'd like to implement this as a feature in the User Registration Add-On in the future, however we are currently working on other development.

12. +1 on email activation
    and
    +1 on BuddyPress 1.5 activation

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 5, 2011 | Permalink
  13. +1 on this, would be great to have.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday September 18, 2011 | Permalink
  14. Does the email activation on User Registration add-on is available already? I badly need it. Or can somebody suggest an alternative way to do this, let say another plugin to integrate with GF something like that?

Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  15. It is not yet available, but the feature is being added and will be available in the next release. I don't know of another plugin that integrates well and makes this possible.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  16. +1 for this feature. Waiting.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday January 22, 2012 | Permalink
  17. Thanks for the feedback guys. This is the next feature being added to the User Registration add-on.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  18. LumpySimon

Great to hear this is being added, a really useful improvement indeed.

Is user moderation also still in the pipeline? (as mentioned here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/must-determine-before-purchase)

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 30, 2012 | Permalink
  19. The ability to approve/deny users is in the pipeline.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 1, 2012 | Permalink
  20. Great, badly need it too !

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday February 12, 2012 | Permalink
  21. Just wanted to show my support for this feature.

In the mean time, does anyone know if a plugin like Sabre (Simple Anti Bot Registration Engine) will provide the same result?
    Link: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sabre/

Regards,
    Ben

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 16, 2012 | Permalink