PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

email Notification Failure

1. John Preston

Forms not emailing notification. One used to. Another never did. Do I need to use the email plugin workaround? How do I configure it?

http://www.k9toronto.com

Thanks

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday March 14, 2010 | Permalink
  2. John Preston

Discovered that Microsoft is junking the emails (weren't allowing mail.app to receive them off MS server).

Changed the "from" email address in the forms notification areas to one address (versus the email addresses of the individuals filling out the forms). Then I put that new single email address into the "safe senders" list on my hotmail account, but Microsoft doesn't believe me that it is in fact safe and keeps junking them.

Any ideas?

3. John Preston

This is interesting: I used the same MS email address for the "send to" and "from" fields in the email notification areas. I also used a different "send to" email and "from" email (both MS email addresses) and MS classified everything as junk, even when I placed everything on their "safe senders" list.

I changed the "from" email to an ISP-based email address and MS let it through to my Inbox and my mail.app could then pick it up.

I lost a client because of this MS crap — but at least MicroSoft knows that their email is really junk and that you can't tell them otherwise!

Hope this helps someone in the future.

4. You can try using a SMTP plugin for WordPress to force the email to be sent using SMTP.

Users have good luck with this one:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

This is a common issue with Microsoft based hosting and servers.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday March 15, 2010 | Permalink