PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Email notification not being received

1. SPMarketing

When I fill out my form, I am not receiving the notification email in the email inbox I have set up. I am getting the entries to appear in the Entries link. Is there something I need to configure in order to receive the notification email?

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday April 15, 2010 | Permalink
  2. There are a variety of reasons why you don't receive the emails. These range from mail server issues to web server issues.

Are you not receiving the Admin Notifications or are User Notifications not working also? test both.

First thing to do is to check your spam filter. GMail in particular is very picky and if you aren't sending the emails via SMTP (which you probably are not) they could be getting caught in the spam filter. This could happen with other providers also. So that is the first thing to check.

Another thing is the Send To and the Send From address. If they are the same, sometimes your email server may not like that if they aren't sent via SMTP for security reasons.

Configuration will depend on your web hosting. Gravity Forms uses the built in WordPress send mail function. You may need to use a SMTP plugin to force WordPress to use SMTP to send emails.

You can try this one:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

SMTP is a more reliable way to send email. A lot of email servers have a problem with email sent via PHP for security reasons.

Make sure your notifications are setup properly, check your spam filter, try sending to another email address and if that doesn't work try installing, activating and configuring the SMTP plugin above.

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday April 15, 2010 | Permalink