PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

email notification to broad user-defined list

1. I am trying to use Gravity Forms to enable a user to send an email to many people.
    (see the bottom of the form here: http://birmingham.illuminateconference.tv/step3/)

I can't put the list of emails entered in the form field (textarea) in the Sender Email, because it only looks for fields marked as Email. So what I did was:
    1. Add an email field
    2. Make it hidden
    3. Dynamically populate it
    4. Fill it with the {field17} reference to the text area

This didn't work.

How can I do this? I know that a person may mistype an email, but they may put in 30 emails here and I can't give them 30 email fields (plus it may be 31 or 32, etc).

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. this would only work if the emails were entered in the paragraph field in the correct format which would be emails separated by a comma. You could then use the form field variable for that field in the BCC field of the User Notification. But if the emails aren't in the correct format, it's going to have a problem.

Thats the problem with using a textarea for this. It relies on users entering the data correctly.

You can use any form field variable in the notification fields if you are running Gravity Forms v1.5+ but if the data isn't in the correct format it may have problems.

3. That worked - the BCC was perfect. Thanks.