PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Email Validation

1. Great plugins!

Any idea when email validation for user registration will be available?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 31, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I believe it's coming in the next release of the User Registration Add-on. It was on the feature roadmap. I don't have an estimated release date for that. Please watch the blog for new product announcements.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday January 2, 2012 | Permalink
  3. viaForensics

Bump.

This is a very important feature to get added to this add-on. The user registration add-on in general is very nice, because the form can be highly customized and gather info like any other GF. But lacking this feature, people can put BS email addresses which never get confirmed and their user is created. In many (I would venture most) Web registration scenarios, the email address must be confirmed before the user account is activated.

Hope you can give us an idea on timeline to this feature. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 11, 2012 | Permalink
  4. No timeline is available, but the development is complete. The feature has been added and will be available in the next release.

5. viaForensics

Thanks for the update. We'll use it and let you know if we see any bugs, of course ;)

6. Hi,

This is important for us as well. I couldn't see any indication of this feature in the latest release (v1.3, http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-user-registration-add-on-v1-3-released/).

What is the status of this feature?

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 27, 2012 | Permalink
  7. The feature doesn't appear to have made it in v1.4 either.

Can someone please provide update on status? There's another thread that mentions it would be available in the next release.

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 28, 2012 | Permalink
  8. I'm not sure why Chris had said that development on this functionality was done. It was not completed when he posted the reply above. So he was working with incorrect information with his response above.

However, email activation functionality will be included in the next feature release of the User Registration Add-On along with more new features and enhancements. That release is in active development and will be released later this month.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday April 9, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.