PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Entries Column customization not being copied

1. I've got a situation where the client is going to be making duplicates of the same form for different events. The fields themselves will stay the same.

On the admin backend, the column choices under the "entries" area don't copy over with the form itself. Is there a way to have that happen?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday January 14, 2012 | Permalink
  2. anjoalre

Hi norcross,

i found myself in the same shoes and got it to work!

Find public static function duplicate_form($form_id) in forms_model.php at the end, in between these lines:
    self::update_form_meta($new_id, $meta);
    /* in here */
    return $new_id;

paste these code:

// DUPLICATE ALSO GRID DISPLAY FIELDS
    $clone_columns = self::get_grid_column_meta($form_id);
    self::update_grid_column_meta($new_id, $clone_columns);
    // END

Since this is so simples ( not to find, just to implement :D ) it would be nice if the DEV Team could update this and make it to next release.
    For us guys that use it wouldn't be necessary to constantly "hack" these core file on every next release.

Best regards

Posted 11 years ago on Friday May 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. This suggestion has been noted and we are going to look at enhancing the duplicate form functionality so that it includes the grid display settings.

We are also going to look at enhancing the export form functionality to do the same so that it can carry over this information when exporting and importing a form from one site to another.

I can't guarantee it will be in the next release which will likely be a maintenance release, but we will get it into the next feature release.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday May 25, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.