PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Entry List column heading not using Admin Label

1. Hi

I have a checkbox field with a long label: "We would like to let you know about other similar new titles by xxxxx. If you're happy for us to do so please tick the box". I've given it an admin label of "Main List Optin". My expectation is that "Main List Optin" would then be used as the column header for this field in the Entries List, but instead it uses the long user-facing label instead. How can I change this please?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 19, 2013 | Permalink
  2. That was not my experience. Please see these screenshots.

http://minus.com/mj2rBnqMdPiW

3. Thanks for replying -

Here's mine: http://min.us/mbhFX7OFw8qpCo

Wordpress 3.5.1
    Gravity Forms installed today for the first time.

4. Can you please check for theme and plugin conflicts using these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

I don't think that would be the issue, but you never know.

If you can't figure it out, please send a WordPress administrator login to chris@rocketgenius.com and I will take a look.

5. Thanks Chris

Email sent..

6. I took a look at your admin. I duplicated your form and I think I see the problem. You are not using a customer-facing label at all, so the value of the checkbox is what's used in the entries list (the table.) If you add a customer facing label, when you go to set up the column headings in the entry table, you will be able to choose from the admin label, or the value of your checkbox. Take a look at the copy of the form I created (form 3.) I created a similar setup to your form, but added a public label for both checkbox fields, then I configured the entries table to show the admin label in the header, rather than the long checkbox choice.

If that works for you, then we just need to hide the label on the public site. In my form, form 3, I added this CSS and was able to hide those public labels (since they were redundant and unnecessary):

[css]
    body .gform_wrapper form #field_3_4 .gfield_label,
    body .gform_wrapper form #field_3_7 .gfield_label {
       display: none;
    }

You may need to add some space above the checkboxes, now that there is no longer an empty label there:

[css]
    body .gform_wrapper form #field_3_4,
    body .gform_wrapper form #field_3_7 {
     margin-top: 20px;
    }
  7. Great job Chris. Everything working as expected now.

Cheers and thanks again for your help.

8. You're welcome.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday February 22, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.