PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Error Message

1. How do you get rid of not only the error message, but the pink box surrounding the form fields? Its not enough to just make the background of these div's transparent. I don't want them to display at all. However, I can't seem to find the correct CSS to make the form fields display without the pink error boxes.

I am dealing with a really small space and these pink boxes are causing a lot of problems with my form displaying nicely if the wrong data is entered into the box.

I have been able to create a popup error message that explains all fields are required. So in this case, the pink boxes are redundant.

Finally, I don't want to get rid of these pink boxes on all forms on the site, just the one in the header.

All help is really appreciated as I've just about pulled out all my hair trying to figure this one out.

URL of form (in header): http://testing.musedigitaldesign.com/site8/life-coaching/

Posted 11 years ago on Monday July 16, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Never mind.

I'm just going to implement a popup signup form when someone clicks on the button. This took way too much time to try and figure out and I'm tired and frustrated.

I'm not saying I'm a CSS expert. But I'm not a noob either. When I look inside the CSS for these forms, sometimes I feel like I'm looking at a website that was developed with too many nested tables 10 years ago. Sorry...just how I feel right now after over 2 hours of dickering around with CSS code to no avail.

3. I can help you out with this if you're still interested...

4. Yes, please. I have removed the form from that link. Do I need to put it back?

Thank you.

5. Yes, if you could and we can work through it together.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday July 17, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Hi
    The form is back.
    In general the way I'd like it is that if either of the two form fields aren't filled out correctly, then the popup error box will suffice. I don't need the red boxes or the error text under/around the form fields as they are not only redundant in this instance, but causing the form to get all screwed up.

Note that both the name and the email fields provide the error box so I need it so that no matter if either or both of the two fields are incorrect, neither will provide the error message/box.

Thanks.
    http://testing.musedigitaldesign.com/site8/ (In the header)

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 18, 2012 | Permalink
  7. This should do the trick:

[css]
    .gform_validation_error #field_5_2 .gfield_description.validation_message {
    display: none;
    }
    .gform_validation_error #field_5_2 {
    background: none;
    padding: 0 !important;
    margin: 0 !important;
    border: 0;
    width: 99.2%;
    }
    .gform_validation_error #field_5_1 .ginput_container, .gform_validation_error #field_5_2 .ginput_container {
    margin: 0;
    max-width: 100% !important;
    }
    Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 18, 2012 | Permalink
  8. ciznerguy

not sure if I am entirely reading your code correctly Rob. I am trying to do the same thing with a popup window for errors as opposed to the boxes. My form is here: http://www.firstcanadianmovers.com

The highlight red boxes expands and destroys my form so this popup solution is ideal. Can you comment out some of your code in the future? Appreciate all the help. THanks

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Looks like you got it figured out pretty well here, try adding in this one last piece:

[css]
    body #gform_wrapper_1 li.gfield.gfield_error.gfield_contains_required label.gfield_label, body #gform_wrapper_1 li.gfield.gfield_error.gfield_contains_required div.ginput_container {
    margin-top: 0;
    }
    Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 16, 2012 | Permalink