PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Error Message: Oops! We could not locate your form.

1. I just created a simple form. No logic. Just a few text fields, an email field, a website field and a radio box field. It all looks OK in preview and I don't see any "error" messages. And the page I inserted it to simply has 1 paragraph of text. And the form is available when I click on Add Gravity Form. It is there from the list and I select it. But when I view the page after Updating/Publishing, it says "oops! We could not locate your form. The page is here: http://blogsbyheathersubscriptions.com/maintenance-member-login-information/

What can I try next?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 19, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Me again.
    This is what is added to the page:
    [gravityform id="1" name="Blogs By Heather Maintenance Program"]

Which looks OK and again the Preview is working.
    With the Preview I also entered an entry that submitted fine, got the notification, etc.
    I also created a new page and inserted the form, but still the same result.

I could try creating a new form next while waiting for help. Thank you so much for any help :D
    Heather

3. Okay, created a new form. That has one text field called First Name.
    But still getting the same error. http://blogsbyheathersubscriptions.com/blogs-by-heather-maintenance-member-information/

So I have no idea what to try….
    I will wait now for your replies as I am at a loss.

Thanks,
    Heather

4. Heather, please begin by checking for theme and plugin conflicts by using these instructions: http://rkt.gs/testing

I could not view your site as it required me to be a logged in member.

5. This is a membership site, but you do not need to be a member to view this page
    http://blogsbyheathersubscriptions.com/maintenance-member-login-information/
    it simply as the membership login on the left sidebar, but this is not a membership page. It simply has 1 opening paragraph and then the form should be right underneath. It then says "Oops! Cannot locate your form".

I deactivated the minimal plugins I had. That is not the issue.

Any other suggestions?
    This is very frustrating as I paid for this form service, $39, I believe it was. I simply need one form and can use a ton of freebies. But soooooo many people recommend Gravity Forms for Wordpress bloggers.

Please let me know what to try next?
    you want my WP login, just let me know.
    Heather :D

6. Please send a WordPress administrator login to chris@rocketgenius.com and I will take a look.

7. Hi Chris!
    I sent you and email. thank you very very much for your assistance. I honestly tried everything I could think of. I really don't like to "bug" anyone and am often one to freely give help to any one, but this I just can't figure out….lol

Actually the only think I didn't try was deactivating Gravity Forms, deleting it, re-installing and then re-activating and then trying again….. If you want me to try that let me know….

Heather :D

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday February 20, 2013 | Permalink
  8. Heather, I duplicated form 1 and inserted it into your post (it's form 3 now) and the form is loaded in the page correctly:

http://blogsbyheathersubscriptions.com/maintenance-member-login-information/

I did not do anything with the entries since the two there were tests. I also did not fix form 2. I'm not sure what happened with the first form but it worked fine when I duplicated and inserted the duplicate.

You should update Gravity Forms as well since the version you are using is old. 1.6.12 is available now via automatic upgrade in the admin.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday February 21, 2013 | Permalink
  9. I had this same issue and have just spent 4 hours reading the forum and trying the steps in the theme/plugins conflict instructions with no joy.

The form worked fine in preview but not on the live page. I even tried putting it on another test site that was very new with a different theme and less plugins and it seemed to work on live pages there.

I activated and deactivate themes and plugins, duplicating, deleting & recreating forms, deleted & reinstalled the plugin and as many other instructions I could find on your forum (aside from delving into the css or php code cos I am a complete newbie!).

Finally I just removed the " characters from the shortcode id and name, and instantly the form appeared on the live page. No idea why or what impact this may have on other things, but thought this might be a simple solution for others.

Now I just have to figure out how to stop the fields from appearing with my theme's pre-defined Bullet point formatting!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 13, 2013 | Permalink
  10. To take care of the bullets on the form list items (every form field is a list item) please see this FAQ http://www.gravityhelp.com/question/why-is-my-form-showing-up-with-list-bullets/

The shortcode will work fine without the quotes. Glad you got that working.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink
  11. Legend! It worked a treat - no more bullets - thanks so much Chris :-)

12. You're welcome.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.