PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Error messages on submit

1. Every field has an option to personalize the field and the error message except for the form itself.

I argue that these two lines:

There was a problem with your submission.
    Errors have been highlighted below

Should be on the advanced part of the form for customization.

This would allow everybody to internationalize the forms and fields on the fly just by changing the defaults.

One could also duplicate the form, change the defaults and voila another language. (This would also work well with qtranslate etc.)

Right now I'm not seeing other option but to "hack" the plugin files! :|

(if we go deeper, I would ask if the address could also work like this but I guess it could be more tricky).

Posted 14 years ago on Monday March 8, 2010 | Permalink
  2. This will be added as an option at some point. There was a filter added in 1.3.9 to allow you to change this, or you can use a simple jQuery snippet to change if you prefer.

http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/new-hooks-and-fliters#post-3254

http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/how-to-customize-the-text-when-there-is-a-problem-with-a-submission#post-2620

3. Thank you. That fixes it for the time being. :)

4. Wonderful. Thanks too for the suggestion.

5. Hi, thanks, filter works fine, but I'd love to see this in the form 'properties' too...

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday October 27, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Yes please, in the form properties would be nice!

Deb

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday July 11, 2012 | Permalink