PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Error while saving form

1. Dear GF,

When i try to update/save my current form it gives me a error.

Its about this form:
    http://www.verkleedkist.net/meld-u-aan-bij-verkleedkist-net/

And this is the error i get:
    There was an error while saving your form, most likely caused by a plugin conflict. Please contact us and we will be happy to help you get this corrected.

This is my plugin list:
    Google analytics for Wordpress
    Google XML sitemaps
    Gravity Forms
    SEO Tag cloud
    Wordpress SEO

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday November 25, 2010 | Permalink
  2. I had this and identified it was due to leaving spaces or blank lines in Notification text. It may not be the solution, but worth checking.

3. interesting. so somewhere in GF string manipulation it's breaking at spaces in this case?

Unless you have good understanding of PHP I'd await an explaination from the Dev team here.

If you are ok with PHP I would enter the 'save form' segment of the GF plugin and do one of two things (no more programming C# so I don't use Visual Studio anymore... so stepping through is a pain) add a try{}catch a few times (basically for each function) or simply step through the code via inserting a javascript alert.

Something that seems so simple (as worked for @AccessiblePlaces ) actually looks to be a can of worms opened.

Basically it just sounds like the Dev team needs to locate the error in the code and change the string manipulation to better allow spaces, etc.

Keep in mind that the plugin is still very new and is being 'dummy-proofed' as much as possible over it's life-cycle. If the Dev team were to leave such a simple solution as is in all areas over the months, that can of worms would open and GF wouldn't be as refined as it is today.

4. I'm not a PHP programmer at all, so it was a fluke I found this by doing the same thing on a simpler form where I know it was the last thing I changed since last save,

Hopefully the team will identify a permanent fix.

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday November 28, 2010 | Permalink
  5. @Rian Rietveld You received this error because something on your site is causing a problem with the serialized array that is used to store your form data. We have a check in place to make sure this isn't blank, which is why you have received this error. So something is triggering this validation and we prevent your form from saving so that it is not erased which is what would happen if a blank array was stored for your form settings.

This can happen for a variety of reasons, typically it is a plugin conflict that is causing a Javascript problem on the form builder page.

If you send us a WordPress admin login for this site via our Contact Us form and reference this post we can take a look and determine what is going on so that we can get the issue resolved.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 29, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Hi Carl, thanks for your reply, I will give you the info.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday November 30, 2010 | Permalink